Steel-cut Oats – These are my favorite hot breakfast. They are also the easiest, and the fastest. The night before you want them, bring the oats to boil with hot water, then turn off the heat and cover the pot. In the morning, all you have to do is heat up a cup of the now-tender oatmeal in the microwave or on the stovetop. See more here: Slow and Easy: How to Cook Perfect Steel-Cut Oats
• Oatmeal Clafoutis – These fruity, oaty bars can be made ahead and refrigerated or even frozen. A quick shot in the microwave makes them piping hot and so nice to eat on the way to work.
• Zucchini and Olive Breakfast Cake, French-Style This savory “cake” is absolutely delicious when girdled. Heat up a little olive oil in a skillet, and toast this on both sides. Totally quick – easy to do even on a busy morning.
• Baked Apple Streusel Pancake Bars Another make-ahead morning treat that can be warmed up in the microwave or toaster oven.
• “Ham and Cheese” Breakfast Casserole Three cheers for breakfast casseroles! This is so good heated up in the oven or on the stovetop.
• Enriched Cream of Wheat with Egg and Vanilla A very quick hot breakfast, but creamy and sweet — almost pudding-like, with an addition of an egg to the cereal as it cooks. This is a winter favorite in my household!
• Breakfast Poha with Coconut This quick, Southern-Indian rice dish is absolutely fabulous on a cold morning. You can make it ahead and reheat it, too.
• Tex-Mex Migas A quick, hearty scramble that uses leftover tortillas.
• Crustless Mini-Quiches A great make-ahead recipe with lots of adaptation potential. Throw in whatever you want, and just heat up a handful before you run out the door. These freeze well too.
• Butternut Squash Sage, and Parmesan Pasties – Make ahead, and reheat in the office toaster oven. So warm and nourishing!